Scholarship for Global Korea GKS 2023 is a Korean Government Scholarship Program for international students pursuing undergraduate degrees in South Korean higher education institutions.
The goal of the 2023 Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate is to foster goodwill and mutual friendship between Korea and the participating countries. This Korean scholarship program is one of the world’s largest and most competitive scholarship programs.
The GKS undergraduate scholarship for 2023 is now accepting applications for bachelor’s and associate degree programs. This international scholarship program is open to international students from all over the world.
The Korean government awards 200 scholarships to students from over 150 countries. The Korean Government Scholarship Program was previously known as the 2022 GKS.
Eligibility Criteria of the Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023
What are the eligibility requirements for the Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023?
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the Global Korea Scholarship partner countries.
- The candidate should not have Korean or dual citizenship.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree Program; Candidates must have graduated from high school or be on track to graduate by February 28, 2023.
- Candidates with an associate degree or who will graduate by February 28, 2023, can only apply for the bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates must be under the age of 25.
- Candidates must be in good physical and mental health.
- To keep the scholarship, a candidate must maintain his GPA.
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship for International Students 2022?
Candidates for GSk scholarship must apply through the South Korean Embassy in their home countries.
The embassy will select the candidate and ask the candidate to apply to some university, which will nominate you as its GKS candidate and send the nomination to the NIIED, but the NIIED will make the final selection.
Candidates applying through University Track must apply directly to the university.
The university has nominated you as a 2023 GKS candidate and will forward your nomination to the NIIED, which will make the final decision.
Required Documents for GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023:
- GKS-U Applicant Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- TWO letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of Citizenship
- Certificate of Graduation
- High school Grade Transcripts
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Overseas Korean
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Awards and other certificates (Optional)
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score (Optional)
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test (Optional)
- Applicant’s Passport Copy (Optional)
- Proof of Korean War Veterans‟s Descendants.
GKS Scholarship 2023 deadline
For the academic term 2023-2024, the process started on 9th September 2022. The candidates must submit the applications for undergraduates by October 7, 2022 (Friday) by 5 PM to the given address. They won’t accept it if received after the deadline.
Candidates must obtain an update from the Korean embassy in their home country for Embassy track criteria, as they all have different application deadlines.
Candidates must obtain an update from eligible universities for GKS from the official website for University track criteria.
Join Our Social Media Community